Friday 5 August 2011

Reflection on Week 5


Moving on to week 5, and this week I am going to finish my both assignment 6(a) and 6(b) with my partner. I like doing assignment 6 as this assignment is something to do with designing. First of all, we need to read some information on 2D Graphic Editing Software. There are several types of Graphic Editing Software which include RGB& CMK, Microsoft Paint and so on. Inside my laptop, I have Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop that can be used to edit graphic. I choose Microsoft Paint to do the editing job for graphics because I think it is easier to use compared to Adobe Photoshop. In Microsoft Paint, I can insert text to the picture, draw pictures and also change the colour of background and so on.
            After the exploration on Graphic Editing Software, my partner and I need to design a brochure and booklet. We decided to make a brochure for a campaign which promotes the using of original and licensed software. We were asked to design the brochure by using Microsoft Office Publisher. Microsoft Office Publisher is really easy to use in designing.  After opened the program, I selected “brochures” as my types of publication. Then, from the list of templates design, I chose my desire design for the brochure. After that, I started design my brochure. Designing brochure by using Microsoft Office Publisher is really convenience and easy. We just need to type the words and insert the pictures in the boxes that are available on the template.We also used the picture that we have edited in Microsoft Paint in our brochure.
            After that, we designed the booklet again. We use the essay “Report on Issues of Original and Licensed Software in Malaysia” as the content of our booklet. We need to design the booklet by using Microsoft Office Word.Actually, both my partner and I never use Microsoft Word to design a booklet and hence we spent some time on exploring it.  Actually, I do not prefer to use Microsoft Office Word to do designing task. It is because we cannot move or modify the picture easily. However, I found that textbox is easily move-able. And hence, before I inserted a picture, I always create a textbox first and after that I pasted the picture in the textbox. By doing this, I could easily control the size of the picture and also move the picture easily.
            As a conclusion, I really enjoyed doing the task of this week as I like to deal with graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment